
Did you hear that lead has been found in children's and women's vitamins? Yes, the lead that we are all worried about in children's toys can be found in their vitamins!
The FDA listed children and women vitamins that contain lead. It sort of sounds like the FDA is saying though, that the amount of lead is small and acceptable. Hmm...I don't know about you but I don't think any amount of lead is acceptable. Lead is a dangerous toxin and can be stored in the body.
Even the CDC says..."Lead poisoning is entirely preventable....The key is stopping children from coming in contact with lead. Lead hazards in a child's environment must be identified and controlled or removed safely."
Let's get the lead out! Here is an alternative source for those children and women vitamins - with no lead in them!
5 comments:
Great Blog! Speaking of lead in vitamins this is from an article in Seattle news.
"China makes 70 percent of the world's penicillin, 50 percent of its aspirin and 35 percent of its acetaminophen (often sold under the brand name Tylenol), as well as the bulk of vitamins A, B12, C and E."
I was amazed at that info...WHO KNEW?
There's no good info about lead. I appreciate your keeping this issue in front of us.
Super info. Looks like it would be easier to have a list of vitamins without lead. It would be a much shorter list. Even some Prenatal vitamins contain lead.
Thx Linda - I hadn't heard that they've found lead in vitamins. Why would anyone want to do that...Lead abatement has been a national focus for decades.
Thanks for the heads up -
toxicfreecleaners.blogspot.com is very informative. The article is very professionally written. I enjoy reading toxicfreecleaners.blogspot.com every day.
faxless payday loans
cash advance
Post a Comment